JAMES CAMERON SCHOOL Open House on Friday, April 25
James Cameron School is proud to announce its annual Open House on April 25, and welcomes all visitors to experience the school’s unique learning environment.
Visitors are encouraged to see this exceptional school in action, to visit the classrooms and tutoring rooms, experience the focused, active learning that is a hallmark of this small school, and ask questions of staff members and parents.
James Cameron School’s motto is “Turning I can’t into I CAN”, and this motto truly represents what the school offers its students and their families.
The school prides itself on the dedicated Family Support Circle, which provides support, caring and understanding not only to its students, but also to their entire family.
James Cameron School is an independent elementary school for children who have learning disabilities. Established in 1980, the school has been providing consistently excellent education to students from the entire Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley. Conveniently located within a minute of the Golden Ears Bridge on the Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows border, the school welcomes families who have experienced the struggles and frustrations of living with a learning disability.
With a student/staff ratio of almost 2 to 1, and a dedicated staff of experienced teachers, therapeutic tutors and special education assistants, James Cameron School can help:
• It is affordable – the most affordable school for children with learning disabilities in the
• Family Support Circle focuses on the child at school and the family through carpooling, monthly parent workshops, opportunities for social interaction between the families, and more
• Small class sizes and individualized learning experiences
• Daily one-on-one Orton-Gillingham tutoring with an experienced certified therapeutic tutor
• Individualized Education plans – specifying the adaptations and accommodations designed and set up to enhance each student’s individual learning needs and designed to match their learning style.
• Onsite social worker, to support the students in becoming successful in every aspect of their lives
• High school transition, helping graduates to make that transition successfully
Contact Olive Wagstaff at 604-465-8444 for more information, and for a tour of the school – at any time.