Step 1: Take a tour
Before submitting your application, we require each family to meet with our Principal and take a tour of the school. We also ask each child to join us for a trial day to help us get a better understanding of their needs. Once it is determined that your child will benefit from our Elementary Program, our Principal will walk you through the application process.
Please bring a copy of your child’s psycho-educational assessment with you (must be completed within the past three years).
Step 2: Collect Important Documents
Your application package must include the following documents:
- A copy of your child’s psycho-educational assessment (completed within the last three years)
- Report cards from the last two years
- Any other applicable reports or assessments
- James Cameron Registration Form
Registration fee due upon enrollment. To learn about our tuition, fees and schedule, visit: Tuition and Financial Support.
Step 3: Submit Application
We welcome new students year-round, which means parents can register at any time during the school year. The sooner James Cameron can begin to support your child, the earlier your child can become a successful, independent learner!
Please send your application to:
James Cameron School
20245 Dewdney Trunk Road
BC V2X 3C9
Waiting for the new school year to begin is not always the best option. We recommend applying as early as possible since enrollment is subject to availability.
Step 4: Application Review & Decision
Once your application has been submitted, our Principal will review your child’s file, determine eligibility and notify your family within two weeks.
- Your child is admitted unconditionally
- Your child is admitted with conditions
- It is determined that James Cameron School is not able to support your child’s needs
In order to be eligible for enrollment:
- Parents/guardians (together with the child) must attend the school for an interview and tour
- Parents/guardians must complete all required registration documentation
- Parents/guardians must provide a current psycho-educational assessment, prepared by a registered psychologist, showing a learning disability as a diagnosis (completed within the last three years)
- Parents/guardians must provide full disclosure of the child’s educational history and learning disability
- Parents/guardians must provide written confirmation that:
- They understand and support the school’s philosophy, policies, procedures and practices;
- Accept and agree to pay the school’s tuition and other fees
We assess each applicant based on his or her individual characteristics and needs as a student, as well as the talents and capabilities of our teachers, therapeutic tutors, and facilities.
To review our assessment criteria, click here.